Looking for some easy ways to keep your house cool this summer? Look no further! Here are 10 easy tips to escape from the heat this summer!
1. Maintain a healthy humidity level in your home: Maintaining a healthy humidity level protects your home from harmful mold and mildew growth. This also makes your home feel cooler– even at a higher temperature. A dehumidifier is a great addition to any homeowner looking to stay cool.
2. Use spot cooling: Why spend money maintaining a cool temperature throughout your entire home, when you spend more time in some rooms than others? Using a portable air conditioner is a great solution to this dilemma because you can put the AC in whatever rooms you use most so that you stay cool and save energy and money in your home.
3. Change the air filters: Dirty air filters arctos cooler reviews can cause your air conditioner to work twice as hard as it has to in order to keep your home cool. This wastes valuable energy and money that you could be saving by simply cleaning the filter. A quick inspection of your air filters can save on your energy bill and possibly prevent expensive repairs!
4. Keep your home well ventilated: If the temperatures are not too extreme, installing fans are a great idea to keep you cool this summer. Window fans are a simple fix that pull the fresh air in to circulate the entire house. During the night and early in the morning are usually the best times to open up the windows and turn on the fans to air out the house, this saves you energy and money from running the AC at those times!
5. Plant trees and bushes: Planting trees on the south and west side of your home is a great fix for the heat of the summer. Trees provide shade for you and your home and block direct sunlight from hitting it. If you have an outdoor AC unit, it is also a very effective fix to plant some shrubs near or around it so that it is shaded and is able to run more efficiently. One thing to remember, though, is to still allow ample air flow to and from the unit!
6. Turn off the lights: Turning off the lights in your home is an easy way to keep your house cool. All light bulbs generate heat as a byproduct of producing light and during the day especially, light filtering in through the blinds should be enough to get through the day.
7. Cover your windows: Installing white window shades, drapes, or blinds is another beneficial way to keep your home cool this summer. These window treatments are great because they reflect heat away from the house to keep the inside nice and shaded. Closing curtains on the south and west facing windows during the day is also an effective way to keep the sun’s bright rays out.
8. Add Insulation: Adding insulation around air conditioning ducts when they are located in unconditioned spaces such as attics, crawl spaces, and garages is an effective way to keep your house cooler in the summer.
9. Save heat producing activities for another time: Activities like cleaning, cooking, and doing laundry are heat producing activities that warm up your home. If you are looking to stay cool this summer, a reasonable solutio